Monday, May 17, 2010

All that glitters... is probably gay

Okay, well, since I don't have much to talk about right now... I think I'm just going blurt out a whole bunch of things that I've seen on the internet over the last couple of months, or just generally thought about. 

Hopefully this'll get me started on some kind of thing where, the next time I see something, I can put it on. Also, I feel like it really has been a long time since I last blogged, and I'm kinda bored right now, so I have the time, but I don't really have anything to talk about.

I am going back to South Africa on Wednesday.... which is kind of bittersweet. I'll really miss... Life here, in general. My aunt, uncle & cousins, obviously. Also, my cousin's friends, who are a really cool bunch of people. 

The shopping here is great - I'm going to miss the non-stop sales, the way the cheap clothing stores have a much better fashion than the cheap ones in SA do, the gimmicks and gadgets that you can find here, stores that are dedicated to things that I'd never thought you could dedicate stores to (ie: Vacuums, Shavers, Tea, Storage), and then there are also great big stores K-Mart & Target &TheBigW (I can't help it - there is nothing like them in SA) 

Not to mention trains, ah the trains, and the buses that go basically anywhere. 

But yeah, I'm already kind of homesick. Plus, money is always an issue. I mean, I've been working, and that was great - made loads - but, yeah, I'm still not rich, and I still feel kind of like a squatter. 

Plus, I need to get my life sorted out (In regards to coming-out and finding love) and, well, hopefully I can do that when I'm back home.

ANYWAY. On to the gay stuff.

The gay rainbow flag has only SIX colours. Now, I'm sorry if I'm a mega-science nerd, but there are 7 colours in the rainbow spectrum. Remember that lame line that your teacher used to get you to remember it? Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain - ROYGBIV.

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

Well, the gay flag seems to be missing Indigo. Which drives me crazy. Apparently it was lost in the 1979 Pride Parade of San Francisco - the place from which the symbol sprang. 

 It was so that the gays and lesbians could each walk on their side of the street with the same number of colours - so that's why they decided to drop indigo... which I suppose is understandable, because next to violet and blue it's like... meh, what do we need indigo for?

Oh wow. This actually took up more space than I thought.

So, in that case, I'm actually going to end it here. I'll be back soon, with another gay thing to blog about.

Well, hopefully soon. I'm bad at this "timely" thing.

OB:
Spelling/Grammar/Clarity. Also, this concept did not take off of for me, did it?

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool - I'm going to make it like a segment that I try and do. ATG - All that glitters. You heard it first here, On R&D ;)

    ReplyDelete