Friday, November 30, 2012

The Past 2 Years

Hmm, let me jump in here by apologizing for not writing for so long. Then I suppose I could follow that up with an apology for being the typical blogger - whose only posts are basically apologies for not posting more often. Then I could apologize for too much navel-gazing and introspection, because it can't be fun watching someone analyse their own thoughts. 

There's a whole bunch of other things I could apologize for too, but since I only have 9 followers at this point, this is basically just me talking to myself... and bothering to type it out, for a change.

So many things have happened since I last posted. Like, astronomically many:
- I came out the closet
- I started studying Engineering
- Had my first kiss
- Had many failed (and sometimes weird and funny) attempts at romance
- Became the head of a gay student society (And later fell victim to a mutiny and left it)

- Had Sex
- Got a boyfriend
- Reached the halfway mark of my degree

So, yeah, many things, good and bad, have happened over the past year. I'm a little bit smarter (Okay, quite a lot smarter - My degree is INSANELY difficult, and I can feel my mind growing day by day) a little bit wiser, insofar as it comes to dealing with people. 
Maybe a lot more bitter in that regard, especially towards the people who have wronged me.

But I'm lot happier - I've found the guy of my dreams, we're a year into a relationship, moving in together (officially) tomorrow, and I'm halfway through a course that not only is making me a smarter and more capable person, but which is also teaching me about things I didn't even know I loved.

I'm still as much in love with gaming as ever (perhaps even more so now, and for better reasons.) My degree is a Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic), and I've already decided to major in Computer Science. It only becomes an issue at the end of next year, anyway. I'm currently learning Python (just for fun) and I'm hoping to code some sort of simple game before I'm done with my vacation, and have to get back to the time-void of my course.

As for my plans with this blog, we'll see. I originally intended it to somehow link up with my writing, which I'll probably only pick up in 2 years time again, once I'm done studying. Or maybe as another holiday project, if my game ever works out. I may do some tech review/musings on here about things I encounter in my day to day life. Possibly Windows 8 and Steam, since I've just installed the former and plan on wasting some holiday time with the latter.

Anyway, over out. See you soon. Perhaps.

OB:
Spelling/Grammar/Clarity/Style. Also, I'm glad I didn't blog about Windows 8 and/or Steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment