I want this to be sort of a journal. My handwriting sucks, and I severely distrust 90% of the people living in my household, so an actual, physical dairy/journal/whatever book is out.
I tinker around with my computer a lot, so it's not the safest place to store data (I actually lost a whole bunch of "journal entries" that I had made a half-assed effort to do before.)
My only other option would be my English teacher - who does this thing where she gives us the option to write journal entries in a journal, which we hand in to her, and she reads through. My problem with that is A) Obviously, that I'm still in the closet - with EVERYONE, so anyone knowing (especially a teacher - even one as easy going as her) would kinda put me in a weak position and B) My schools a really christian school, so I'm not sure how she'd feel about it, and it makes it even more dangerous to come out.
Plus, I mean, it's kinda random - just telling a teacher. She's cool, don't get me wrong, but if I'm going to tell a person from my life about me, she's not exactly first on the list.
Not that they'll lynch me or anything..... Oh god, I hope they wouldn't lynch me. Nah, it's more likely to be a complete social isolation type of thing. Even the other closet cases wouldn't talk to me. They'd probably be afraid of being gay by association or something. Yes, it's that bad.
They're not fooling anyone (Whereas I, on the other hand, worst case scenario, at least have them wondering) but NO ONE has ever come out while going to our school. One guy, from my sister's grade, matriculated and (about 2 years later) can still only admit that he's "bi" because he kissed a girl once..... before going on to have wild monkey sex with his boyfriend.
Seriously, barely any guys talk to this other guy, in one of the younger grades, who I think someone saw with a guy.... yada-yada.. or some other high-school gossipy-shit like that.
I know for a fact he's gay, but that's a WHOLE other story, but I kept my mouth shut, so none of it's on me. Which, I think, was pretty mature of me, considering...... but that's still that whole other story. Remind me to put it down sometime.
Anyway, I need a vent, and dammit I'm gonna get one.
So, that brings me to this. Plus, I've been so introverted most of my life, and now I think I'd like some attention - even if it's only digital.
The catalyst for this lovely new little activity is actually just me reaching out and copying a TV character - Barney Stinson, from How I Met Your Mother (Awesome show, if you've never seen it, btw. Doubt that tho - it's like the new Friends. Then again, I only did catch on about now, and it's already into the 5th series.)
Barney Stinson's a womanizing playboy type guy, and though it seems odd, I want to be more like him. Not the womanizing bit, of course. (In my case it'd probably be manizing, or something like that.)
But I just love the way he sort of takes everything in his stride, and lives life "awesomely".
Hell, maybe I'll even try to be like his gay brother (Played by Wayne Brady - who's also pretty cool.)
But all in all, Wayne's character is a bit too smooth and charming.
I prefer Barney. He falls down more often, like the rest of us. That having been said, let this officially be the first post of my blog.
It's going to be Legen........(wait for it).......DARY!
Note from Old-Bradley:
Note from Old-Bradley:
Edited for spelling/grammar, and I've deleted a few minor things that were unnecessary and annoy me. I never did get around to telling the story about that guy. But I will.
hey mate, was too lazy to actually send u an email, so figured i'll just give u props for ur story on here. just read it tonite and it's really great so far. something i didn't expect from someone so young.....not that i'm that much older, but i can't write for peanuts.
ReplyDeleteanywayz, keep up the writing and hopefully i'll be reading a new chapter soon.....no pressure.....yet.
hope ur doing awesomely, cheers
ur a great writer - look forward to the next chapter of "Another Day"
ReplyDeleteScar
I feel for you being still in the closet, and having all these hormonal urges! It is funny how the situation got turned around from my youth to yours - now that there are gay rights, there is more homophobia at school level.. But, fortunately its only for another two or three months - take it you are in year 12 - and then you won't have the same problems out in the wider society.
ReplyDeleteYou sound like a sane guy, with dreams, and we all are allowed to dream; just don't let it interfere with life. (Easier said than done, as hormones and a crush are not helping one to stay sane and inconspicuous with your feelings.) Hang in there!
Oh yes, your latest story is promising to have something good to it! But, as an old prowler on the scene, don't let your story influence your future love life! :) dj